Mission of St Benedict
Non Postal: The Cemetery Chapel, Mill Street, South Molton, Devon
Priest in Charge: The Revd Michael Clothier Tel: 07891 767744 or email fr.michael(at)clothier.org.uk for details. Please replace (at) with @ in the email address
To view or download the latest Newsletter (pdf)
To check times of services this coming week and to read the weekly intercession list ...
The Mission of Saint Benedict was formed on 24th January 2010 when The Right Revd. Damien Mead, blessed the Cemetery Chapel and celebrated Mass in the grade one listed building.
The Mission is dedicated to Saint Benedict, the Father of Western Monasticism, who in the first part of the sixth century founded the great monastery at Monte Cassino in Italy, and who also wrote a rule for monks to live by, a rule that monks and nuns still use today. Father Michael OSB oblate who is in charge of the mission has been associated with the Benedictine way of life for over forty years.
South Molton is a market town in North Devon approximately twenty miles north of Dartmoor National Park and on the southern edge of Exmoor National Park just south of the North Devon Link Road the main road between Tiverton and Barnstaple (A361).
The Chapel which has car parking in the cemetery grounds as well as close by, can be found in Mill Street, South Molton and is being used with the kind permission of the South Molton Town Council
10am Low Mass (followed by tea and coffee)
10.30am Holy Communion, 1549 Book of Common Prayer, followed by Tea Coffee
(First Wednesday of the month, Holy Communion is followed by a Healing Service.)
Greater Holy Days
As announced or telephone Fr Michael for details